I made these lovely little things for my recent Glorious Wellness Workshop where I was talking about How to Eat for Amazing Energy. We all want more energy, right? Reaching for a biscuit, muffin, chocolate bar or anything of that ilk will lead to a swift energy boost, followed by a swift, slump-inducing crash. Not so great.
These bliss balls (they could also be called energy balls or beauty balls....whatever floats your boat) are nicely, naturally sweet and have the right amount of choc to make them taste 'treaty'.
They're packed full of raw cacao which contains immunity-boosting zinc and iron. Goji berries contain a whopping 500x more vitamin C than oranges and are known as a 'key to eternal youth' in their native Tibet.
If there's one downside, it's that they make your palms realllllly chocolatey when you're rolling them. Which is fine as long as the door bell doesn't ring.......
- 12 dried figs: soak them in water for half an hour or so before you use them to soften them up (or longer, they won't come to any harm)
- 200g almonds
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder (I love Aduna Super-Cacao)
- 4 tbsp chia seeds (I used white ones cos I had them in the cupboard, any colour will work)
- 4 tbsp goji berries (plus a few for decorating)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE THEM:
- Roughly chop the soaked figs
- Put all the ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth(ish) and sticky
- Roll into balls - I use about a teaspoon of mixture for each ball
- Place a goji berry on top if you feel like it
- Makes about 20
- They'll keep in the fridge for about a week